What better way to start off the new year by getting a fresh start with your face? Here are my favorite products that keep my skin clear and glowing. Hopefully they work for you, too!
Exfoliate: Clinique 7 Day Scrub
- Why is it a favorite? An oily girl like myself can use this everyday to help fight off any greasy residue on my skin. Unlike most exfoliators, it is gentle enough to use daily. It also buffs away old dark marks, eventually helping to reveal clearer skin. After using it, I feel as if the next step, the cleanser, will be more effective in cleaning deep down where problem areas can occur.
- I can go on and on about what I use this soap for. I use it to shower, wash my hair (on occasion), wash clothes, even brush my teeth! But the way it makes my skin feel? Nothing compares. My skin is literally squeaky clean. Really! I can run my finger over my cheek and hear a squeak! It's amazing for all skin types.
- Depending on your skin type, you will use a level 1 through 4. I use level four being that I'm usually oily all over. So for those with dry skin all over try Clarifying Lotion 1. To those that are dry but with some oil, go for Clarifying Lotion 2. And for those with an oily T-Zone, I would recommend Clarifying Lotion 3. I prefer to use these, not with cotton balls, but with flat cotton pads to extend the usage of the bottle. A large bottle usually will last me 9 months to a year.
Moisturize: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion/Gel
- This product has been highly acclaimed for many years by many publications including Essence Magazine, Vogue, Marie Claire, etc. It works! It comes as a lotion for those with drier skin and as a gel for us with oily skin. And yes, oily skin needs a moisturizer, too! We have to replace what we have washed off to keep our skin from over processing excess oil.
- Do not neglect your pout! There is nothing sexy or attractive about chapped lips. After moisturizing your face, be sure to hydrate your lips with a balm that contains Vitamin E. I usually apply after brushing my teeth and gently exfoliating my lips with my toothbrush.
- I usually use this to remove makeup from my lips and from around my eyes such as mascara, liner and eye shadow. Especially the glittery eye shadow. When used before exfoliating, I feel as if I have prepped my skin for the perfect cleanse. No more hopping out of the shower with mascara residue stuck to your face!
Having a simple routine to take care of your face is very important. Keeping your pores clear and your skin properly hydrated can keep skin youthful and tight. Step into 2014 with your best face forward!